Friday 9 May 2014

Writer's Block

There comes a time in every writer's life when he or she cannot produce what is most precious or prepossessing. This vile time is better known by the term, 'Writer's Block'.
I call it something else; I call it: The Lazy Mind Syndrome.

You don't have writer's block, you're just looking for excuses to not write. Probably you have a lot of distractions that you are intentionally succumbing to. Maybe it is just a simple 2048 game or a gigantic family reunion that you just can't afford to miss.

NO!

Nothing can be an excuse. You don't write once, cover it up, but don't ever put the blame on someone else! It isn't your dog, or your neighbour! Not even your girlfriend/boyfriend! For gods' sake, it's you!!! You are the block to the writer inside you!

And honestly, this Lazy Mind Syndrome is applicable to almost every  different kind of work that can be imagined. I mean, yeah I have never heard of Pilot's Block, but you get the point. I hope you do.

Why I made this post? Well, because I myself am going through some sort of a Lazy Mind Syndrome. I hate it that I haven't written as much as I should/could have. I am almost a month behind schedule. I hope you all are faring better than I am.

May the Darkness guide you to Your Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment