Saturday 15 March 2014

Indulgences



There is one thing that we all have in our lives, one thing that we all suffer through. Indulgence. We all indulge in various addictions, big or small, that cause us harm irreparable. Why must we do so? Is the high really that great? Is it worth the million tears that we will never see? Is it worth the suffering we impose on ourselves and our loving spectators who try so firmly to convince us to give up, but fail terribly?
To be true, we are masters of our own lives and we have the right to choose what is good and what is bad for us. But what can it be in that little cancer-stick that attracts such a big crowd of passive suicidal maniacs? Well, I cannot say for I have personally stayed away from these cravings, as much as I can. I won't lie that I haven't given in to these, but yes, I have managed to keep true to myself, not letting them take a hold of me. I have seen many and more fall prey to them. But there are those who are strong enough to refuse the prolonged torture they might have inflicted upon themselves.
Of course, this issue will keep going on for ages and eons to come. It is for you to decide what is right and what is wrong. Be it a mild sugar addiction to a heavy crack craving, it all needs to be kept under check. But this again, is subject to individual perception. Do what the right thing is, or fall deep into the lustful pit of torments. It is up to you. For yourself, and for anyone who you love.

May the Darkness guide you to Your Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment